Laser Skin Resurfacing Questions and Answers
It’s about time you treat yourself & your skin! Prestige med spa offers laser skin resurfacing to help you achieve the skin that you dream of! For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online. We serve patients from Charlotte NC, Pineville NC, Wildwoods NC, Harrisburg NC, Eastway NC, and Myers Park NC.
Table of Contents:
Laser skin resurfacing is a non-invasive cosmetic medical procedure that resurfaces the skin to correct skin damage, acne scars, scarring, stretch marks, rosacea, enlarged pores, deep wrinkles, skin texture, and pigmentation. We offer the innovative Venus Viva™ laser skin resurfacing in Charlotte, NC, at Prestige Med Spa, a procedure with less downtown and less pain than traditional CO2 lasers.
At Prestige Med Spa, we use Venus Viva™ skin resurfacing treatments. Venus Viva™ is a non-invasive resurfacing technology that uses tiny pins that deliver heat through the innovative NanoFractional Radio Frequency™ (RF) technology through the skin’s surface. These pins create tiny wounds in the skin that the body then works on healing. The process of healing repairs the signs of skin damage and rebuilds collagen, improving the look of the skin.
Yes! Venus Viva™ is safe and effective for all skin tones, for all ethnicities, and all complexions. RF technology has been used in medicine for years and has been proven as safe and effective. Venus Viva™ treatments are also significantly less painful and require much less downtime than traditional, CO2 lasers.
However, some conditions will prevent you from receiving this treatment for safety reasons (as recommended by Venus Viva™
– If you have any active conditions in the treatment area, such as a rash
– If you have a history of skin disorders or very dry skin
– If you have cancer or a history of cancer (including pre-malignant moles)
– If you have severe concurrent conditions such as cardiac disorders
– If you are pregnant or nursing
– If you have an impaired immune system
– If you have a history of disease around the treatment area that’s stimulated by heat (e.g. herpes)
– If you have any poorly controlled endocrine disorders, such as diabetes
– If you are taking blood thinners
– If you have had a facelift or eyelid surgery within the past 3 months
– If you have had any resurfacing treatments or chemical peels within the past 3 months
– If you have had any cosmetic injections within the past 2 weeks
– If you consumed any Advil, Tylenol or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs within the past week of your treatment
– If you have had any surgeries within the past 6 months
– If you are treating over tattoos or have permanent makeup
– If you are excessively tanned
A skin resurfacing treatment takes approximately an hour and a half in total. Thirty minutes prior to your Venus Viva™ treatment, you will be given topical numbing to reduce discomfort during the procedure. After thirty minutes have passed, Venus Viva™ treatment will be administered by a skilled, licensed medical professional. You will feel intense heat (similar to a sunburn) and your face will look bight red after.
To care for your skin after treatment, avoid scratching or touching the treated areas, and do not use lotion, sunscreen, makeup, or anything else on it (including water) for 24 hours. If your skin feels hot, you can use a fan to cool it off. After 24 hours have passed, the hot feeling in your skin should pass. You will need to apply sunscreen with a minimum 30 SPF and without any chemicals. Avoid tanning, rigorous exercise, hot baths, or massages for the first 2 days after your treatment. It is important to keep your skin protected from the sun and clean.
Laser skin resurfacing takes anywhere from 3 to 6 sessions to really see the best results, but the exact number of treatments is dependent on the individual and their needs. We will perform multiple sessions, but treatments require a minimum of 4 weeks between them.
You will see continued improvements after receiving your last treatment, but you will require at least 1 maintenance session approximately 6 months after your final treatment to see continued results.
At Prestige Med Spa in Charlotte, NC, we believe that everybody has the right to feel confident in their own skin. Although we are able to improve the look of damaged, aged, or dull skin, we really focus on helping our patients regain their confidence and improve their self-esteem. If you are looking for expertly administered skin resurfacing treatments in the Charlotte, NC, area, and you want a med spa has a team of trained and highly skilled medical professionals, then book your consultation at Prestige Med Spa today.
Before & After Real Results
Free Consultation With Experienced Staff
How To Get Started
Additional Prestige Med Spa Services
▸ Dermal Fillers
▸ IPL Photofacial Therapy
▸ Laser Hair Reduction
▸ Skin Care Treatments
▸ Lasr Skin Resurfacing
▸ Venus Legacy Body Contouring
▸ Red Light Therapy
▸ Vaginal Rejuvenation
▸ Bioidentical Hormone Replacement
▸ Medical Weight Loss
▸ Massage Therapy